Saturday, January 31, 2009

...........................

It's strange.
Whenever I thought about my relatives and people I know dieing, I never felt like crying. Not even shedding a tear.
But now that it's actually happening, it's hard to hold them back.
I've got to stay strong for mom. I can't let her see me cry because then she'll start crying. I rarely ever see her cry but she's not even bothering to try and hold it back as she wanders through the house looking for something to do.
My dad is getting ready to leave for Saint John. He wants to be there when my cousin passes away. He wants to be there when his brother's son dies. I don't even want to imagine what he's going through. I don't know how he's stopping the tears.
And my sister walks around smiling. I just want to smack her but stop myself because she doesn't understand. She can't understand.
My cousin Joe is dying... and he's only twenty-three.

2 comments:

  1. I am really sorry this is happening. There's not much anyone can say. Your sister may be very nervous about all of this and thinks it'll make things better if she doesn't cry....my brother felt that way after my Nan died. Grieving loss is a part of the healing process. Crying is good, even though you feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. My sister is just an idiot. She really doesn't understand what it means to die. That's why she keeps saying "joe died" every hour or so.

    ReplyDelete